Gawler Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Gawler Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing gawler.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Gawler for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Gawler?
Gawler is one of the oldest country towns in South Australia. If you're a lover of history and culture, then you'll fall in love with this place. Gawler offers an array of galleries, museums, and historical venues that are worth the visit. In this article, we'll take you through some of the notable sites you should see while in Gawler.
• GR Galleries - GR Galleries is situated in the heart of Gawler. It features a mix of contemporary artworks from the likes of Peter Serwan, Fynn Hooper, and Darren Billett. The gallery is open six days a week, Monday - Saturday.
• Little Gallery on the North - Little Gallery on the North is found in Gawler's main street. This charming gallery showcases original artworks, prints, jewelry, and more from both local and Australian artists. They are open from Thursday to Sunday.
• Gawler National Trust Museum - The Gawler National Trust Museum is located on Murray Street, offering a glimpse into the town's history. The museum's exhibits consist of antiques, local artifacts, and a range of displays showcasing Gawler's early settlement days.
• Kapunda Museum - Kapunda Museum is about a twenty-minute drive from Gawler, but it’s worth the trip. The museum features a collection of exhibits centered on Kapunda's rich history. You can view prominent exhibits that cover mining, agriculture, military history, and notable indigenous figures.
• The Old Spot Hotel - The Old Spot Hotel is located in the western end of Gawler on Main North Road. The venue dates back to 1849 and is the oldest licensed hotel in Gawler. It has been restored, but is still retaining its early Victorian charm, making it a popular spot for visitors.
• Gawler Civic Centre - The Gawler Civic Centre was opened in 2008 and can be found in the heart of the town. The building serves as a multi-purpose venue offering a range of amenities from a library, art gallery, function spaces and more.
• The Church Hill State Heritage Area - The Church Hill State Heritage Area is one of Gawler's historical landmarks. It features notable buildings in close proximity to each other, including the St George’s Anglican Church, The Old Telegraph Station, and the Gawler Institute. The area is open to the public and is a fantastic site to explore for history enthusiasts.
Gawler offers several galleries, museums, and historical venues that are worth the visit. The town's rich history is showcased throughout these places, giving visitors an insight into the past. A day trip to Gawler, or even a long weekend stay will give you an unforgettable experience.
Gawler Galleries and Museums Articles