Gawler Visitor Information
Welcome to Gawler, South Australia
Gawler is a historic town located in the northern suburbs of Adelaide, South Australia. It is known for its beautiful architecture, fascinating history, and stunning countryside.
Things to Do
- Visit the Gawler Heritage Trail and discover the town's rich history and culture.
- Take a stroll along the Murray River and enjoy the picturesque scenery.
- Explore the Barossa Valley wine region and indulge in some of Australia's finest wines.
- Go shopping at the Gawler Central Shopping Centre, which offers a diverse range of retail stores and cafes.
- Visit the Gawler River Animal Park and get up close and personal with some of Australia's native wildlife.
Places to Stay
- The Kingsford Homestead - a luxurious country retreat with stunning views of the Barossa Valley.
- The Majestic Gawler - a beautifully restored hotel located in the heart of Gawler's historic centre.
- The Rivergum Cottages Gawler Barossa Region - a charming and cosy accommodation option located in the countryside.
Getting Around Gawler
Gawler is easily accessible by car or public transport. The town is located just a short drive from Adelaide, and can be reached via the Northern Expressway. There are also regular bus services connecting Gawler to Adelaide and surrounding towns.
When to Visit
The best time to visit Gawler is during the summer months (December - February), when the weather is warm and sunny. However, the town is beautiful all year round, and there is something to see and do no matter when you visit.
Gawler is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the best of South Australia. With its rich history, stunning countryside, and diverse range of attractions and accommodation options, it truly has something for everyone.