Gawler Danger and Warnings
Personal Security in Gawler, South Australia
Gawler is a lively town located in South Australia just north of Adelaide. While the town is considered safe, like any other place, it is essential to take precautions to ensure your safety and security. Here are some tips that will help you stay safe in Gawler:
- Always be aware of your surroundings and try to avoid walking alone at night.
- If you have to walk alone at night, stick to well-lit and populated areas.
- Avoid leaving valuables in your car, or have it be visible through the windows. Secure your car and park in well-lit areas and car parks.
- If possible, take a self-defense class so that you are prepared to protect yourself if necessary.
- If you see any suspicious behaviour, report it to the authorities immediately.
Even with taking preventive measures, accidents or danger can happen. In case of an emergency, dial 000 for an ambulance, fire brigade or police. If you need to contact the police station, dial 131 444.
The South Australian Police provide several programs helping promote community safety, including neighbourhood watch as well as ways to protect your home and belongings. You can find out more about them on their website https://www.police.sa.gov.au/your-safety.
For more information on personal security and travelling safely in Australia, you can visit the Australian Government's Smart Traveller website https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/.
Stay safe in Gawler and take smart precautions to ensure your personal security.